IS PRIDE THE RIGHT PLACE FOR ME TO FINISH MY HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION?
PRIDE is a school of choice or alternative education program aimed at students between the ages of 16 and 21 who are credit deficient for their age and are in danger of dropping out or who want to graduate at an accelerated pace. P.R.I.D.E. stands for People Redefining Intelligence and Discovering Education. The curriculum is aligned with the state standards and the instruction is delivered online by a certified teacher for the subject being studied. The program is self-paced. If you are currently enrolled in a high school, do NOT withdraw until you have been accepted as a student at PRIDE. Students must meet certain criteria in order to be accepted into the PRIDE School. Contact the school by phone if you are interested and a pre-interview can be conducted by phone. If you appear to meet the criteria, then a formal in-person interview will be scheduled with the PRIDE Director.
The PRIDE campus is located behind McMullen Public Library off of Main Street. The Director is Mr. Adrian Neal.
Is PRIDE the right place for me?
- Am I between the ages of 16 and 21?
- Am I behind in credits based on my age?
- Am I considering dropping out?
- I have already dropped out of school?
- I do not like the regular high school because of the pace of instruction.
- I do not progress in high school due to distractions and my lack of focus.
- I have life issues such as being pregnant, caring for a child, or I have to maintain a steady job due to financial hardships.
- I want to quickly graduate because I have a job waiting for me when I obtain a diploma, or, I want to go to college or Vo-Tech as soon as possible and begin my career.
If you fit any of these categories please contact us for an interview at 936-876-4287 ext. 2200.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT withdraw from your current school until you are formally accepted into the PRIDE program.